Upstate Fiber Networks Announces Fiber-to-the-Home (FTTH) Build Updates in Select Communities
“We’ve seen how important the internet is to families working, studying and connecting with others virtually right now. We are excited to bring this option to more of our communities,” commented Paul Griswold, President of OTTC & Upstate Fiber Networks.
PHELPS, NY (PRWEB)
May 16, 2022
Upstate Fiber Networks (UFN), a subsidiary of the Ontario and Trumansburg Telephone Company (OTTC), announced significant progress in building fibre-to-the-home to communities in the Finger Lakes region.
- Construction in Waterloo is now complete and service is provided to 2,100 homes.
- Construction in Seneca Falls is nearing completion and service will be provided to 3,000 homes.
- In Geneva, 78 km of fiber are being built and 2,600 households can currently subscribe to the service. The construction of a total of 4,000 houses will be completed this summer.
- In Newark, 45 miles of fiber are under construction and 3,000 homes can currently sign up for the service. By the end of the summer, we will be able to serve a total of 3,800 homes.
- Construction in Shortsville/Manchester will begin soon. 16 miles of fiber will bring service to over 1,400 homes.
Construction is scheduled for later this year in the following communities:
- Canandaigua – 5,400 homes will pass over 63 miles of construction.
- Palmyra – 2,260 homes will pass over 33 miles of construction.
- Macedonia – 800 houses will be passed over 15 miles of construction.
“Gigabit Fiber offers the fastest speeds and best connections,” commented Paul Griswold, President of OTTC & Upstate Fiber Networks. “We have seen how important this is for families working, studying and connecting with others virtually right now. We are excited to bring this option to more of our communities. »
Upstate Fiber Networks continues to evaluate new areas for expansion. To check the availability of UFN Usable Zones and soon-to-be-live zones, visit http://www.upstatefibernetworks.com and click the “Check Availability” button. Residents of these areas should complete the online form even if they are not currently eligible for service, as the company may use the data to help determine future building zones.
What is Fiber Internet? Internet fiber offers symmetrical speeds, which means downloading and downloading are equally fast. Connectivity challenges faced by users when using video conferencing associated with telecommuting, e-learning and telemedicine have highlighted the importance of fast download speeds. Upstate Fiber Networks offers the fastest residential Internet speeds available, ranging from 250 Mbps to 1 Gbps (1,000 Mbps). For businesses, Upstate Fiber Networks can customize speeds beyond Gigabit capacity if needed.
ABOUT OTTC and UFN
Founded in 1920, the Ontario & Trumansburg Telephone Companies (OTTC) is a five-generation family business that has been innovating to deliver cutting-edge communications technology for over a century. Today, OTTC and its subsidiaries, including Upstate Fiber Networks, are New York State’s largest independent telephone company. For more information, visit the company’s website at http://www.upstatefibernetworks.com.
Share the article on social networks or by e-mail: