Keysight CyPerf 2.0 Enables NEMs to Validate Devices in Distributed Cloud Networks
Keysight Technologies has launched CyPerf 2.0, a new subscription-based software solution that enables network equipment manufacturers (NEMs) to validate the performance and security of their offerings when deployed in complex distributed cloud environments using security policies Zero Trust.
Traditional networks have evolved into complex distributed cloud environments where applications or services can access resources anywhere, in private, public or hybrid clouds. The highly dynamic nature of these new environments demands a new zero-trust network access (ZTNA) security approach that provides adaptive yet secure access for people, their applications, and their devices.
“Today’s distributed cloud networks require security devices, such as next-generation firewalls, to work well in Zero Trust architectures,” said Ram Periakaruppan, vice president and general manager, Keysight Group. Network Testing and Security Solutions. “CyPerf is the first test tool specifically designed to validate application performance and security effectiveness of Zero Trust infrastructures for individual components and end-to-end architectures. It offers customers a way to ensure the performance and security of their networks and applications in a zero-trust environment, giving them the confidence to accelerate innovation.
Keysight’s CyPerf takes a holistic approach to help NEMs, service providers, and enterprises validate performance and security in distributed environments faster and more accurately than traditional testing solutions. It offers the following customer benefits:
- High realismEmulates real user and application behavior, customizable applications, and attacks to replicate a real environment generating traffic across a complex set of proxies, software-defined wide area network (SD-WAN) devices, data providers Identity (IdP), Secure Access Service Edge Nodes (SASE), Virtual Private Network (VPN) Tunnels, Transport Layer Security (TLS) Inspection Devices, Elastic Load Balancers, Containerized Networks and web application firewalls.
- Native authentication: Supports authentication and authorization with the ability to send application and security traffic over authenticated sessions.
- High scalability: Supports millions of concurrent users and millions of connections per second that scale elastically to enable resiliency and chaos testing, as well as validation of VPN scale and performance.
- Containerized agents: Deploys lightweight brokers as containerized pods to support a range of on-premises or managed Kubernetes deployments. Traffic agents can also be deployed as virtual machines (VM) or public cloud instances (AWS, Google Cloud Platform [GCP] and azure).
- Events: Allows the generation of specific events to test monitoring, logging, orchestration and incident management for ZTNA.
- Pre-deployment lab and live network testing: Creates a digital twin of users, applications, and threats that scales vertically and horizontally to assess performance, and automatically adjusts to achieve high performance and meet set goals under given test conditions without user intervention ‘user.